Our awesome neighbour Leslie gave us a bucket of plums a couple days ago. So we tried to eat as many as we could, I considered making jam and I gave away a lot but decided the best way to do this is to dehydrate and save them for yummy treats later. Sweet and sour dried plums. Yum!
What you need
- Fresh water
- Lemon juice
- Bucket of fresh plums
- Wash the plums split them and remove the pits
put them in trays for the dehydrator skin down
- spray with lemon juice water half mix to stop browning
- set dehydrator for 135 degrees F
- Run for 10 hours rotate trays
- Run another 10 hours to dry completely
Finished plums are sweet and sour, almost like some sour sugar candies you can find in the store but these are 100% organic and tastes amazing.